Here is the View of Hikone Castle from far away.
The entrance to the area.
This is Hikonyan! He is the mascot for the area of Hikone where JCMU is.
Big set of stairs leading up to the castle area.
Hikone Castle up close.
Better picture of the Castle
The beautiful view from nearby the castle.
Hikone!
Inside the castle. The rafters were really interesting warped wood criss crossing everywhere.
Topped it all off with some ice cream wrapped in Mochi (pounded rice. it forms a kind of marshmallow like paste that is very chewy)
You know. Out of all the time I spent in Hikone I never made it to Hikone zyo. I always figured it was so close and so I would go on some unplanned weekend when I was bored, except it never happened haha. O and for a future weekend reference - Cyuuhi strong lemon. Tall cans, 2 of them. You won't need anything else
ReplyDeletetry the green tea mochi~!!!
ReplyDeleteThat temple mascot is adorable! -Kyle
ReplyDelete