Thursday, September 3, 2009

A few pictures...



A picture of the outside of the Academic building. All of my language classes are in this building. I have one elective which is Japanese religion and that is at another university entirely. Haven't been there yet because the electives don't start right away.



Here is the outside of the residential building. It is right next to the academic building, seperated only by a short walkway. This is annoying because that means when you go to the academic building you have to switch to your outside footwear, walk about 20 ft, and then switch back to inside footwear.



This is the bike parking right outside the building. My room overlooks this area. Our bikes are pretty cool and they all have baskets on the front which makes grocery shopping much easier.



My first meal in Japan!! its actually not all that Japanese haha. Chicken and rice with some veggies. I thought I would ease into the whole food thing. I got some really good Udon the other day though from the same place.

4 comments:

  1. Craig! What is that green liquid?
    -Deana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Japan have Ecto Cooler?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is melon fanta? maybe haha.I never had anything but cold tea or water. You should try the calpico one of these days. it is interesting... the purple one is actually a lot better if you find that haha. O and Aquarius. def get some of that. Jake and I had that all the time. It was like our go to drink from the conbini. Lemon water is also another solid choice. Is that food you ate from Cainz Kitchen? Those bikes look so neat there. They were in such a state of dissary while i was there haha. O and don't bother switching from inside to outside shoes back to inside to go from acadmeic building to the dorms. Noone really cared about that when I was there. we pretty much just walked across in our inside shoes. And ocasionally into cocos with inside shoes as well haha. I neeed to tell you about the massage chairs at the denkiya and about the panya. But this is too public and commodities are limited so you need to keep it on the down low. I will be in contact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bud, your sister just set me up a gmail account so I can follow your blog and make comments.
    Was fun skyping the other day.

    ReplyDelete